This is an 8-hour awareness level training course to educate administrators and personnel responsible for school safety/security, plus rural law enforcement, on effective response to school-based emergencies. The course emphasizes bringing potentially effected groups together in collaborative planning, preparing, communicating, responding, and recovering from an incident.
Topics to addressed during the course include:
• Incident Planning and Preparedness
• Proactive Threat Mitigation
• Vulnerability Assessments
• Threat Assessment Management
• Incident Response and Recovery
• Incident Defusing and Debriefing
• Parent Reunification
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has approved the AWR 148 course allowing participants to receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, DHS approval means that AWR 148 can be delivered tuition free to qualified jurisdictions.