This 8-hour course provides facility personnel having dedicated security duties the knowledge and skills needed to meet the requirements of 33 CFR 105.210 and the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code.
• Knowledge of current security threats and patterns
• Recognition and detection of dangerous substances and devices
• Recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
• Techniques used to circumvent security measures; crowd management and control techniques
• Security related communications
• Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
• Operation and testing, calibration, and maintenance of security equipment and systems
• Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques
• Relevant provisions of the Facility Security Plan
• Methods of physical screening of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and vessel stores
• The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different MARSEC Levels, and all relevant aspects of the TWIC program and how to carry them out.
By working with your Facility Security Officer, this course can be customized into a site-specific course designed around the operations at your facility and your facility security plan.